Isaiah 43:5

"Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west." Isaiah 43:5

Friday, January 28, 2011

The Crib

On Monday morning we received the call that our precious son is ready to come home! The travel call, the thing I have read about in all my books of preparation and never really believed we would receive. Our son is ready to come home and he is so darling. We received pictures of him in his dashing little helmet and I just cannot believe in a matter of a couple days I will be in the same room with my little boy. My heart overflows and I just cannot help saying to God "I have seen your goodness in the land of the living."
Though I have had a child before, my sweet girl, I have never been HERE before. Packing clothes in 3 different sizes just in case, trying to figure out the best diapers to bring and what snack he might like... Though this can feel a bit challenging, it doesn't feel scary. With my first I was full of fear, of doing it all wrong or of not being what she needs. However, with Eli I just feel thankful and excited. I don't feel like buying the wrong bottles is a massive failure and I do not feel afraid to just keep praying and trying new things until it works. I just want to be near him and know him. To soak in being his mommy and love him through his hurts and joys.
So where does the crib fit? Well I have not cried once since we found out he would be coming home early. I have been elated and joyful but no tears of joy until the other night when we were setting up his crib. I have waited for 3 years to see this crib up and going again. It was February of 2008 when we started trying for #2 and here we are in February again, God is good.
I look at the crib in our room with a Cubs blanket proudly displayed and a dolphin Pillow Pet his sister picked out for his Birthday and I am overwhelmed with emotion. The time is here. Tuesday I will meet my son and Wednesday we will start our lives together.

1 comment:

  1. awwww....so sweet! i cannot wait to see pictures of you and your son TOGETHER!!!

    ReplyDelete