Isaiah 43:5

"Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west." Isaiah 43:5

Monday, February 14, 2011

The Oxen

So I made a deal with myself and in honor of my God that I would curb my complaining about life in general. I felt convicted by the Israelites and wanted to bring life with my words and not destruction. Well today I was challenged! My sweet son still struggles with day and night, toss some teething in there and voila he woke up every hour on the hour and needed comforted to sleep. Hannah, my sweet early riser was up at 6:15 and I need sleep to be chipper (and lots of caffeine). So over and over today I continued to repeat the words from Psalm 40 "you put a new song in my mouth a song of praise to my God", over and over and over. And eventually took my over tired little guy and energetic girlie bean to the park. As we returned home we reached nap time. I made it with a half smile on my face! So I took a moment to read my Bible and God spoke some encouragement I wanted to pass along: "Where no oxen are, the manger is clean, But much revenue comes by the strength of the ox." Proverbs 14:4...How does this fit? Well I immediately thought, with out children (oxen) my house would be clean, laundry done and folded (:, I would be well rested, taxes completed, and no spit up on my shirt. However, my kids bring me so much life and love. I love being a mom. I love the sweet cuddles, happy smiles, and have not even minded the diapers back in the mix of my life. It is amazing how God can work beyond our exhaustion, our frustration, and my selfish nature and allow me to be the mom He wants me to be! So bring on the oxen and the riches they come with, I will clean the manger with a smile!

1 comment:

  1. you know what else is cool? did you know that eli was born in the year of the ox (carson, too)? it makes it so much meaningful!

    ReplyDelete