Isaiah 43:5

"Do not fear, for I am with you; I will bring your offspring from the east, and gather you from the west." Isaiah 43:5

Monday, November 8, 2010

MOPS Article about Eli!

Good Morning Moms!
I love fall! I love football, sweaters, jeans, leaves (I have no yard), and the cool morning air. Fall now holds something even more special for me, my son’s first birthday. I love my son and I am so proud of him. He is amazing and has done so many brave things in his young life. Eli was born at 27 weeks, and was in and out of the hospital for the first 7 months of his life. Yet he is thriving and doing so well! I remember the first smile I saw on his sweet face, it was precious. Do I sound like a proud momma yet?
Eli is a light in my day and yet I have never held him or spoke to him. I met my son when I received an email from my adoption agency and I get to watch him grow through pictures. Isn’t that amazing that I know someone so completely and yet he knows nothing about me. He has no idea he has a mom out there so completely in love with him and willing to do anything to bring him home, including piles of paperwork and background checks.
I have been thinking a lot about how much I long to feel loved like this, thoroughly known, anticipated, and celebrated. Most of the time I feel tired and under appreciated. Usually people only notice when something is not done such as we are out of socks or toilet paper. Our MOPS verse this year for Momology is “Even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.” This comes from a Psalm about how thoroughly God knows and loves us. When I read this verse I feel, not alone. Even there in my struggles, my daily tasks, my mothering, my joy, and my waiting, He is there. It is just like I am there for my Eli, even though he doesn’t ever feel or seek my help and presence.
On November 3, my Eli is turning one and I will not be there, but I will not miss it. We will be celebrating his birth with our close friends and anticipating his arrival home. Is there something you are waiting for or struggling though? Even there.

No comments:

Post a Comment